The PhD program in Applied Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (see https://adsai.units.it) at the University of Trieste, Italy, is offering 15 funded positions (con borsa) in a second call dedicated to the scholarships part of the Italian national resistance and resilience plan (PNRR)
The call for application is out, with deadline (soon to be updated)
September 12, 2022, 13.00 Italian timezone
Link to the call and instructions on how to apply can be found in our website, following links from this page: https://adsai.units.it/how-to-apply/ or directly at https://www2.units.it/dottorati/it/?file=DottBandi.inc&cod=2021
Trieste is a lively and beautiful city on the sea in the north of Italy,
Trieste is an international city on the Mediterranean sea, suspended between a glorious past of "Little Vienna by the Sea" and the cosmopolitan present. It is a Central European city, where you can breathe a multicultural atmosphere, visit historical cafés, art museums, and appreciate heterogeneous architecture and stunning sea. At the back of Trieste, the Karst plateau rises with a natural landscape of great beauty, scattered with typical villages and natural caves.
It ranks among the top Italian cities in terms of quality of life.
Trieste is also one of the cheapest cities in Italy in terms of living costs and rents.
The city of Trieste, European city of Science in 2020, is internationally known for its high concentration of researchers and scientific institutions of excellence.
The phd program in applied data science and artificial intelligence is an international doctorate course, taught in English, and it is offered by the University of Trieste, with the collaboration of researchers from other research institutions within the broader the Trieste area, among which SISSA (International School for Advanced Studies), ICTP (International Centre for Theoretical Physics), INAF (Astrophysics observatory), OGS (Oceanography and Geophysics institute), and Area Science Park (technological park and tech transfer).
Each position lasts 3 years, with a funded scholarship of about 1.2k euros per month, and with 1.6k euros/year of travelling funds. Students can spend up to 18 months abroad, generally at least the first 6 months are covered by a 50% increase in the scholarship.
Positions in this call are all project-based, and are funded by research institutions or companies.
Details are as follows:
* 6 scholarships funded by the PNRR project "INEST - Interconnected Nord-Est Innovation", 4 from the University of Trieste and 2 from OGS. These scholarships are on the general topic: "artificial intelligence and data science for digital twins", covering both a methodological and an applied perspective. Goals of the project are the creation of a digital twin of the North Adriatic sea and one of the Trieste Harbour.
* Artificial Intelligence methods for the integration of opinion polls, open data, confidential data, CRM of companies and public administrations, digital audiences and data from the web and social networks, with strategic planning and relationship marketing purposes - in collaboration with RACHAEL https://rachael.swg.it
* Artificial Intelligence methods for the realization of synthetic data starting from opinion polls, CRM of companies and public administrations, digital audiences, open data and data from web and social networks, with the aim of facilitating exchange, integration and of data enrichment - in collaboration with RACHAEL https://rachael.swg.it
* Representation Learning Through Generative Models - in collaboration with AINDO https://www.aindo.com
* Causality in Deep-Learning Generative Models - in collaboration with AINDO https://www.aindo.com
* Generation of structured queries to databases with Natural Language Processing techniques - in collaboration with PLUS https://www.plusolutions.it
* Study on machine learning applications to corporate business processes: potential, evolutionary perspectives, technology transfer and managerial training profile - in collaboration with MIB https://mib.edu
* Machine learning approaches for the simulation and discovery of novel ultrastable amorphous materials
* Algorithmic legality in the administrative organization
* Network Analysis Methods to evaluate industrial performance
For further info, please contact us at [email protected]