German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Department: Speech and Language Technology
Employment Category: Full time
Type of Contract: Temporary
The Speech and Language Technology Lab at DFKI Berlin is involved in numerous national as well as international research programmes and networks. We offer an interesting and flexible work environment as part of an innovative, international and enthusiastic team which coordinates and participates in national as well as European projects in the wider area of Language Technology.
- Research and development of methods for anonymization and fake-detection using text, speech, and semi-structural data from medical and fake-news application domains
- Research and development of methods for explainability, fairness, trustworthiness for above methods
- Support of industrial and public scientific, research and development projects on national and international level ( BMBF, EU, etc.)
- Exchange and network with relevant stakeholder from science, industry, politics and civil society.
- Masters degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Signal Processing or a related discipline
- PhD degree in the area of speech, NLP, AI, ML, xAI
- Good English or German language skills
- Confident appearance in an international working environment and high self-motivation
- Ability to work in a team, problem-solving and results-oriented
- A wide and interesting range of tasks and extensive development opportunities in a young and international team
- Contribution to trend-setting, innovative projects in the field of Language Technology and AI
- An innovative, agile and professional work environment
- An attractive workplace in the heart of Berlin with PhD perspective
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) is Germany's leading business-oriented research institution in the field of innovative software technologies based on artificial intelligence methods. In the international scientific community, DFKI ranks among the most recognized "Centers of Excellence" and currently is the biggest research center worldwide in the area of Artificial Intelligence and its application in terms of number of employees and the volume of external funds. The DFKI cooperates closely with national and international companies.
DFKI encourages applications from people with disability; DFKI intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position.